Datajack`s keyboard thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datajack`s keyboard thread

I found several strange symbols on my keyboard and I thought it was a good idea to share them with the rest of the world

µ it looks like Greek alphabet but why in the world..?

ß I think the Germans use it as a double s. Aßhole? Wow.

€ The symbol of an alien currency that will devour our economy

° This one is easy. Temperature. We had 17° C today. Yes, the middle of August.

Ö Looks scandinavian, or Borg.

Ä I think some Ikea furniture use this symbol as well. Must be related to big discounts.

Oh about accents. I have ´ and ` but I can´t make an online air ticket as there´s an accent in the middle of my surname, so it appears like:

Mr. Datajack Fr'#nit
    Mr. Datajack Frít
    Mr. Datajack Fr Nit

Mystifying!

Do you have anything like that?
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Do you think it might have been helpful to pass on how you arrived at this?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Datajack`s keyboard thread

Originally posted by Datajack Franit

Ä I think some Ikea furniture use this symbol as well. Must be related to big discounts.
      Ö is pronounced like the u in "murder".

Ä is pronounced like the first A in PRAISE ALLAH!
      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Basics of the SI-system for dummies who didn't pay attention while in jr. high physics class, part MDCCCXLVIII:
        giga G 1 000 000 000
        mega M 1 000 000
        kilo k 1 000
        hekto h 100
        deka da 10
        deci d 1/10
        centi c 1/100
        milli m 1/1 000
        micro µ 1/1 000 000
        nano n 1/1 000 000 000

it's used with units, mmkay? examples:

1 720 000 µm = the height of VJ
        400 000 000 µm² = approximate area of the letter "m" in datajack's keyboard
        9 000 000 000 µm³ = approximate combined size of all the brain cells in Datajack's brain which are interested from physics
        Last edited by RGBVideo; August 13, 2006, 02:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
          I found several strange symbols on my keyboard and I thought it was a good idea to share them with the rest of the world

ß I think the Germans use it as a double s. Aßhole? Wow.

€ The symbol of an alien currency that will devour our economy

° This one is easy. Temperature. We had 17° C today. Yes, the middle of August.

Oh about accents. I have ´ and ` but I can´t make an online air ticket as there´s an accent in the middle of my surname, so it appears like:

Mr. Datajack Fr'#nit
          Mr. Datajack Frít
          Mr. Datajack Fr Nit

Mystifying!

Do you have anything like that?
          I have none of those. What kind of weird pan-euro keyboard do you have
          CSPA

Comment

Start playing with your AltGr-key and you'll find at least one of those symbols.

Comment

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

actually I do have the € (altgr - e).

I know I can make the others with altgr combinations but they're all "hidden"

does anyone know what this means: ¤ (shift - 4)
                CSPA

Comment

never mind

The currency sign (¤) is the character used when the symbol for a particular currency is unavailable. It is particularly common in place of the symbols for the Colón (₡) and Rupee (₨), these being absent from most character sets and/or fonts.

how useful
                  CSPA

Comment

Re: Re: Datajack`s keyboard thread

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid

Ö is pronounced like the u in "murder".

Ä is pronounced like the first A in PRAISE ALLAH!
                    Hum, I think the "e" in murder is also pronounced like Ö. Möödö, in finnish, atleast. Sounds like a name of a place. I went to Möödö during my vacation. It's in western Finland.

Å, or å is nice. I can type Stargåte like it's supposed to. Pronounced like stargoat. Bäääh.
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

This thread needs to be revived at önce!
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                        never mind

The currency sign (¤) is the character used when the symbol for a particular currency is unavailable. It is particularly common in place of the symbols for the Colón (₡) and Rupee (₨), these being absent from most character sets and/or fonts.

how useful
                        Waitaminute... I have my own symbol? My very own symbol? Oh my god... the possibilities to expand my ego no longer know limits.

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Your new nick is ₡olon

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

No, it's clearly ₡olonâ„¢

Comment

€t₡hy

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                              X